Senior Director, Client Services
Location: National (remote)
Our country's education and workforce systems are inequitable, failing to meet the needs of our country’s most marginalized citizens. Historically, workforce education has led to low-wage jobs disconnected from ongoing higher education, which has created significant barriers for career advancement. At the same time, traditional higher education has increasingly become unaffordable for Americans from lower-income backgrounds while also lacking direct connection to the labor market. The consequences of these systemic failures are dire. Despite increases in national high school graduation and college enrollment rates, systemic racism and inequity mean that college persistence continues to be low, particularly for people that are Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC).
At Propel America, we believe a better system should and can exist. We believe high school graduates shouldn’t have to choose between forestalling income and accruing significant debt while pursuing a traditional college degree or forestalling education and mobility for low-wage, entry-level work with few opportunities for advancement. Propel is building that better system, a ‘third way’ solution that allows young adults from low-income backgrounds to access an affordable and efficient pathway to a good job that serves as a springboard to a choice-filled life.
By working backwards from the needs of established employer partners, Propel America:
- Supports young adults (18 to 24 years old), particularly those from low-income backgrounds, to prepare for living wage jobs
- Partners with training and higher education organizations to offer workforce credentials that allow students (or “fellows,” as we call them) to earn college credits
- Provides wraparound coaching and professional skill development to ensure fellows have what they need to be successful in their job interview, on the first day of work, and a plan for ongoing education and career advancement.
Your mission is to play a key role in managing a portfolio of national training and employer partnerships towards addressing their needs and achieving our aspired fellow-level outcomes. Your role will be centered on managing relationships with a set of high-stakes partners -- identifying unique opportunities, leading efficient delivery of our services, and ensuring a strong overall client experience. You will also be responsible for identifying efficiencies across the client service function and implementing measurable improvements to optimize the team’s impact and reach.
The Senior Director - Client Services responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Client Services Execution
- Serve as the primary owner for a portfolio of national training and employer partnerships (primarily large hospitals/healthcare companies/National Louis University) through a mix of strategic consulting, project management, and customer success orientation to maintain and grow these relationships
- Build long-term strategic relationships with new partners in coordination with the VP, Client Services, identifying unique opportunities and how they can be best be served through Propel America’s offerings
- Oversee the execution, cross-coordination, and delivery of Propel America’s offerings to ensure our employers’ critical talent needs are solved and our fellows’ educational goals are achieved, including the building of stackable pathways with our higher education partners
- Work cross-functionally with the Recruitment, Coaching Service, and Program Design teams to ensure strategic integration of our program with our higher education partners and drive actionable recommendations to create efficiencies and deepen impact with our partners
- Own the development and management of the strategic roadmap outlining the stackable credential buildout with our higher education partners and facilitate the internal coordination of aligning programmatic assets towards these aims
- Guide the tactical planning and internal coordination required to ensure cohorts of fellows are successful with their training partners and are showing up prepared for the hiring and onboarding processes driven by our employee partners
- Contribute to the growth of the Client Services function and execute on other special projects as needed
Client Services Operations
- Identify and scale streamlined processes, tools, and best practices to support client services team in delivering against client expectations
- Partner with the VP, Client Services to develop and implement a method to assess, track, and manage client health
- Partner with the other Program functions (Recruitment, Coaching Service, and Program Design) to determine scalable processes that guide cross-functional coordination and collaboration
- Lead on the codification of key strategies to ensure evergreen maintenance and updates
- 5-7 years of experience in management consulting and/or partnership management with a strong record of results
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to understand the needs and motivations of others, particularly when long-term relationships are essential to success
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong trust-based relationships - balancing confidence, humility, diplomacy at senior levels - with demonstrated ability to reach big goals
- Comfort in directly managing a portfolio of partners and being the external representative to these relationships
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; use of rigorous logic, analyses, and insightful conclusions to develop strategy, drive influence, and collaborate effectively
- Strong organization and team building skills, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- Experience engaging cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external partners
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on developing scalable processes
- Strong communication, delivery, and presentation skills
- Strong values-alignment and equity orientation to advancing a job-first higher education approach for our fellows
The salary for this position is between $97K-$131K annually. Propel America offers a competitive total rewards package including coverage of 90% of health insurance premiums, unlimited PTO, and a flexible work environment.
Interested in Applying?
Please submit your application here. The application deadline to apply for this position is December 2, 2021. After this date we do not guarantee review of submissions.
Propel America is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We encourage candidates from historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply.