Manager, Program Development
Location: National (remote)
Our country's education and workforce systems are inequitable, failing to meet the needs of our country’s most marginalized citizens. Historically, workforce education has led to low-wage jobs disconnected from ongoing higher education, which has created significant barriers for career advancement. At the same time, traditional higher education has increasingly become unaffordable for Americans from lower-income backgrounds while also lacking direct connection to the labor market. The consequences of these systemic failures are dire. Despite increases in national high school graduation and college enrollment rates, systemic racism and inequity mean that college persistence continues to be low, particularly for people that are Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC).
At Propel America, we believe a better system should and can exist. We believe high school graduates shouldn’t have to choose between forestalling income and accruing significant debt while pursuing a traditional college degree or forestalling education and mobility for low-wage, entry-level work with few opportunities for advancement. Propel is building that better system, a ‘third way’ solution that allows young adults from low-income backgrounds to access an affordable and efficient pathway to a good job that serves as a springboard to a choice-filled life.
By working backwards from the needs of established employer partners, Propel America:
- Supports young adults (18 to 24 years old), particularly those from low-income backgrounds, to prepare for living wage jobs
- Partners with training and higher education organizations to offer workforce credentials that allow students (or “fellows,” as we call them) to earn college credits
- Provides wraparound coaching and professional skill development to ensure fellows have what they need to be successful in their job interview, on the first day of work, and a plan for ongoing education and career advancement.
Your mission is to support the program design and strategy team in creating responsive and innovative program content and a comprehensive support model across all of our program offerings. As the Manager, Program Development, you will own reviewing and analyzing our current program content, making recommendations on future program design decisions, and developing engaging content for our fellows. This role will also manage a feedback cycle for program content and delivery, working alongside coaches, fellows, and alumni to gather insights on program offerings and areas for future development and improvement.
Specifically, this role is about ensuring Propel America….
- Continually improves our model and content by testing/iterating our offerings so that we improve our ability to achieve impact at scale over time
- Utilizes program offerings aligned to current research and best practices for supporting young adults in launching their careers and thriving in the workplace
- Implements a program strategy that is cohesive across recruitment, fellowship, and client services functions
Alongside the Vice President, Program Design and Strategy and the program development team, responsibilities include the following:
Program Content Creation - 60%
- Develop modular content and implementation plans that are customized to support different career pathways and available on Propel’s different technical platforms
- Identify opportunities to deliver program content across a variety of platforms and technical tools to improve efficiency, achieve cost savings, and reduce reliance on synchronous learning opportunities
- Develop, implement, and maintain content for all program offerings, including Propel’s career exploration high school curriculum, fellowship content, and alumni support materials
Program Design and Evaluation - 20%
- Collaborate with the Vice President, Program Design and Strategy and Technology team to gather and synthesize feedback and data related to fellow progress, curricular offerings, content quality, instructional effectiveness, etc. Co-create action plans to address gaps and monitor data collection and reporting
- Develop and streamline data collection processes, from beginning to end with a strong emphasis on encouraging Salesforce adoption
- Provide ongoing program coordination and support to cohorts running across the country, managing Propel’s curriculum and tech platforms and working in partnership with fellows and Propel staff to document and coordinate learning about program progress
- Support alignment of program and content strategy across recruitment, program design, and client services
Digital Content/Learning Management System Management - 20%
- Coordinate and manage Propel program content on all LMS and technology platforms
- Update cohort-specific landing pages for all necessary platforms to ensure learners and staff have up-to-date information
- Support the ongoing LMS and technology upskilling and training for program staff
- 3-5 years of work experience in an educational or workforce development setting
- 2+ years working in program or lesson plan design for young adult learning and/or career and technical education
- Strong foundation in young adult education research, models, and strategies. Knowledge of pedagogical practices for positive youth development and ability to adapt practice for a variety of contexts
- Ability to develop and oversee all components of education projects, including curriculum design, scheduling/pacing, instruction/implementation, data collection
- A strong collaborator, good listener and strategist; comfortable receiving input from many sources, and able to analyze and formulate information into a sound, well-organized plan
- Fluency in the development of digital content, possession of online digital media literacy skills, and comfort with integrating web-based and social media technologies to support a national network of fellows
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills, with an eye towards creating simple solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to find, analyze and synthesize complex information to produce clear and effective written documents or presentations
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- A strong sense of ownership, personal responsibility, and timeliness
- Strong values-alignment and equity orientation to advancing a job-first higher education approach for our fellows
The salary for this position is between $60K-$81K annually. Propel America offers a competitive total rewards package including coverage of 90% of health insurance premiums, unlimited PTO, and a flexible work environment.
Interested in applying?
Please submit your application here. The application deadline to apply for this position is January 25, 2022. After this date we do not guarantee review of submissions.
Propel America is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage candidates from historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply.